Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 5 summary

Wall street activity

The first part of the activity consisted in watching a part of the movie "Wall street", in my opinion it is a very clever movie that show us the corruption and tactics employed in Wall street in order to obtain more money. I heard of the movie in the past but didn't see it, it was interesting seeing Charlie Sheen in a serious role and not being a plain character like in the series of Two and a Half Men.

For the second part we read the articles "Why be Honest if Honesty Doesn't Pay" and "Keeping Your Colleagues Honest". 
We have to link the main ideas in the articles with the plot of the movie, at first I knew what ideas I would talk about in my paper but I find it very difficult to explain my ideas.

For session three we made an investigation in teams about a country and their different ways of talking English. In our team we talked about Australia, South Africa and India. In my case, I center my search with South Africa and realized that their English is heavily influenced by European and African accents, and also that they also have their own terms. The most curious one was bathing suit instead swimming costume, because when they refer to costume it refers to halloween costumes.


No comments:

Post a Comment